Ceremony & Reception: Brookleigh Estate, Upper swan
“We both loved our entrance and first dance. Our MC introduced us with the QUEEN ‘We will rock you” song, he had everyone up on their feet, stomping and clapping – the atmosphere was electric!”
We met many years ago and shared a love for food, so on our days off from work we would discover delicious restaurants around Perth. We have 2 beautiful kids and so the eating out gradually slowed down, but on New Years Eve Tom booked a 12 course degustation at Rustico (one of our favourite restaurants), then at the 9pm fireworks Tom got down on one knee and proposed!
Choosing our Wedding Venue
With a lot of our guests travelling interstate we wanted a venue that had it all; close to the airport, accommodation options, a venue where the ceremony and reception was in the same location and a venue that had many photography choices.
Brookleigh Estate ticked those boxes, their packages were great and we loved that the venue was so pretty that we didn’t need to supply decorations and flowers. We visited many wineries and a few breweries but we loved how beautiful Brookleigh was. I had grown up on a horse estate so having the horses floating around was perfect!
I visited quiet a few bridal stores in one day, with the last being Luv Bridal. I loved Luv Bridal, their service was amazing and they had every style of dress, which gave me a huge variety to try on. I actually said yes to the “Indie” gown but in ivory. I placed a deposit and said I would be back the following week for sizing. When I returned, I tried on the nude shade as it was a better size for me, then I fell in love with how the nude underlay made the detail pop so much more! I loved how it was a little different and also knew that Tom would be not expecting this at all.
- Tom loved seeing our kids walk down the aisle, they made it that really special and had everyone in tears.
- We both loved our entrance and first dance. Our MC introduced us with the QUEEN ‘We will rock you” song, he had everyone up on their feet, stomping and clapping – the atmosphere was electric!
- We decided to go straight into the first dance while everyone was standing, it got all the guests up and dancing.
A favourite detail
Our Dj supplied a GIF photo booth – it was so awesome! I loved how interactive it was and the guests got the photos straight to their phones. We also had two polarised camera to go with the guest book. It was really nice looking back on these a few days later.
- We brought 120 jars of Vegemite from Coles. I originally organised a company over in Melbourne to print 120 labels with each guests name on it and a fun fact about the bride and groom. Unfortunately these had still not arrived the day before the wedding and we were extremely worried so we contacted a printing company in Perth. Perth Signcraft & Graphics were incredible, they printed off 120 labels for us and had them ready that same evening!
- We sourced our own Gum leaves from a family members property for our table decorations – We did this the day before the wedding.
- We supplied our own alcohol which we found a huge money saving option; we sourced our wine from Aldi and our beer from Dan Murphy.
- We created “Hang-over Packs”, each guest had one to take home which contained Panadol, Arbonne fizz stick, Arbonne Hydration and some fresh mints. We got some business cards printed from Vistaprint which just said “Thank you for dancing with us take the hydration and Panadol before bed then the fizz stick in the morning”.
Our key vendors
I knew I was going to choose Yoram as our photographer ever since I saw a friend’s wedding on Instagram. I contacted Yoram the day we were engaged and secured our wedding date. He was so organised and very punctual and 100% put our day running smoothly down to him. Plus our photos are amazing!
Our wedding cake was made by Lisa from That’s Delish, Lisa is my cousin so I have tasted her cakes on numerous times which are delicious.
Our florist Enchanting Petals went above and beyond, was extremely well priced and our flowers looked incredible!
For the DJ, I went onto a few wedding pages, I typed into the search bar “DJs”, I then chose the one who was recommended the most… and Scott-ee didn’t disappoint! Everyone commented on our amazing our DJ was.
Our make up artist was Kim Deane, she did an incredible job at listening to us and did a beautiful face of make up to suit each one of us. Our coverage was super long lasting and flawless. She is extremely talented.
Celebrant – Luke Firth. We went to a wedding where he was the celebrant and the ceremony had us in tears of laughter and emotional. He was amazing and our photographer actually calls him the “Ninja”. He manages to be out of all the important shots and delivers an amazing ceremony.
Hair – Loretta Angus from Sea Salt Hair Studio. This absolute legend is amazing in general but slays blonde hair. She arrived super early to ensure the day ran smoothly, myself and my bridesmaids all had such different hair and she worked her magic on us all.
Advice for other couples
- Find a really good budget sheet, I had one where we had 3 columns, one for planned amount, one for total amount and then one for owing amount. It was easy to keep track on where we were at and easy to track for savings.
- The venues with the BYO option are fantastic, we managed to save a huge amount of money this way.
- A well organised photographer that will help you with the run of the day and timeline, that is priceless.
Something you’re glad you did
We pushed our ceremony forward one hour to ensure there was enough sun through the ceremony for photos, it gave us time to socialise with the guests a little more between the ceremony and photos. The day wasn’t rushed and we were able to enjoy a drink after the ceremony was over. This helped us enjoy the day a little more.
We also arranged a recovery breakfast the next day, one of the biggest things we would recommend. It was so fantastic catching up with everyone the next day, to chat and have a laugh about the day. It was a huge highlight for us!
Photography: Yoram Conradt Photography | Florist: Enchanting Petals | Personalised Vegemite labels: Perth Signcraft & Graphics | Ceremony & Reception Venue: Brookleigh Estate | Catering: Prestige Catering | Cake: That’s Delish | Cake topper: Enchanting Petals | Entertainment: Acoustic singer Georgie Alexander | Celebrant: Luke Firth | Rings: Michael Hill | Bridal accomodation: Treehouse Swan Valley | Bridal gown: LUV Bridal | Alterations: Theressa Designs | Flower crown: Enchanting Petals | Hair: Sea Salt Hair Studio | Makeup: Kim Deane Makeup | Bridesmaid dresses: Two Sisters the Label | Suit & Groomsmen attire: Sea Salt Hair Studio